Pages

June 22, 2011

{Speculative Poetics Series No.3}


I in It & I vs It
Purpose or cause might be posed as query but the crudity of presupposition involved in such questions will find answers elusive, fickle and as clumsy as logic - such answers will be fictions, things caught on the fly, fixed, falsified, objectified elements which hide as much as they make visible.

The best poetics are falsified by the poems whose poetics they are. That most knowing I that's all about it in its imaginings and honest about all intents and knows its objects through time and speaks well must be false somewhere.

Poetics turns right back and bites. It didn't mean it like that, rather I. When 'poets' here, I means me, but not all poets. I.is.speaking.these.words.as.it.writes. Subject of this, agent of that. Gestures. Poets are subjects of the poem but agents of the spark. When I write 'dear' it means myself (poets) and strangers.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

lay it on me/us